- What resources and services are available for individuals with disabilities?
- Where do I go to apply for funding for social and medical assistance?
- What is a brokerage firm? How do I arrange a meeting with them?
- What is Passport and why should I get on the list?
- Should I be looking into Registered Disability Savings Plans (RDSPs)?
- Should I review my loved one’s status with the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)?
We want to help you to find answers to all the above questions and more. The ICHA has entered into a partnership with social worker Bonnie Pacuta, coordinator of our new Outreach Program. This partnership will assist our social and voting members in navigating through the complicated web of paperwork and bureaucracy required to obtain much needed resources and supports for individuals with disabilities.
Bonnie has over 10 years experience in the human services field. She has excellent relationship building skills and is experienced in acting as a guide and advocate to empower individuals with disabilities to help themselves. Bonnie is available for confidential, private counseling sessions every Tuesday evening between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Sessions do need to be booked in advance. Please contact Teresa Rauti at (519) 977-1209 to make an appointment. The ICHA is providing this service to its membership free of charge.